Amol Joshi, Interior Designer

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I love my job. I love my office.

Rainy afternoon, just after lunch... sitting on the vibrant and comfy yellow sofa... elegant indoor plant in front of me... behind it is the external glass window through which I can enjoy the view... and the view of Gulmohar dancing on the fresh breeze of air and getting drenched in the rain is really awesome!

For those wondering which resort I am sitting in... I am at my office guys!


It's been one year since I moved in this sporty and stylish workplace. Last monsoon to this monsoon.

I had always dreamt of my own office when I started my venture- AAkruti Interiors. The initial days of my entrepreneurial career were spent at home office. Gradually, I started to feel the need of a proper workplace to carry out all the back office activities. I landed up in a small office. To begin with, it wasn't bad.. but not great either. Then, last year, I came to know about this office in the same building. It was partly furnished, which meant I could renovate it. If I could get one customized 'happiness is...' comic, that would be 'happiness for an interior designer is designing his own office'.


I was so excited then! I could never think of a typical, formal colour scheme for my office. That's how the yellow sofa entered our office. Got a customized centre table. They both make a perfect lunchroom for me and my fellow office partners. Got the lampshades spray-painted in yellow to match the sofa. The chairs are red and black. The background to work stations is soothing white. We are lucky for having a big, external glass window that let's us take a look at the outer world. And when it is too bright and scorching outside, vertical vanishing blinds cut the sunlight. The attraction of the place, without any doubt, is the colourful wallpaper. As a backdrop to the comfy sofa, it gives a sporty and stylish character to the workplace.




I would like to present my office as the perfect example of हर घर कुछ कहता है. I always try to explain my potential clients that the result of a well-discussed, comprehensive renovation plan is always better than that of ad hoc changes. When I discuss the needs and choices of clients, I can work towards an outcome that matches the overall personality and character of the members - whether residents or employees.

,

I also believe that a work space influences performances of people working in it to a great extent. Interiors of office, therefore, should never be ignored or compromised. Office is that place where employees spend significant amount of time. It should make them feel comfortable and energetic. For a visitor, be it an interviewee or a potential customer, office speaks volumes. It leaves the first impression about the company. Let this first impression be the best impression. 

For any assistance regarding setting up your office/ renovating it, you can always count on AAkruti Interiors. 


A job isn't just a job. It's who you are.

1 comment:

  1. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?




    Turnkey Office Interiors Chennai

    ReplyDelete